07.13.08

Aaaiiiiiieeee!!!

Andy Warhol's Green Car Crash (Green Burning Car I)

-----------------

Sunday, July 13, 2008

PARTING THOUGHTS, Puzzle by Matt Ginsberg, edited by Will Shortz

TODIEQUIETLYINMYSLEEP (26. Last request, part 1); LIKEMYGRANDFATHER (45. Request, part2); NOT (65. Request, part 3); SCREAMINGINTERROR (79. Request, part 4); LIKETHEPEOPLEINHISCAR (102. End of the request).

So who originated this quote? Who knows. Another version is “I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, than screaming in terror like his passengers,” which allows for the vehicle to be other than an automobile, perhaps a plane into a mountainside. At least that way it will be the worst situation you can think of, and thereby the most terrifying ordeal for the passengers. No matter, it’s funny, and I’ve been using it for years -- however, today’s version is just fine.


For the complete post, go HERE.